Though it’s still a long way for a vaccine to be developed but we can’t deny the massive amount of research that is going in developing the same. From USA to China and Africa to India, almost every country has jumped in the race.
So far there are 5,513,671 reported cases of Covid-19 and 346,868 has succumbed to death. USA has been the worst effected due to the pandemic and cases are on the rise every day. World’s largest democracy and 2nd most populated country India, has so far done incredibly good in controlling the virus.
There are number of vaccines being developed for Corona Virus and only a very few has made it to human trials. Here at Frankly Wise we have listed the most promising front-runners for the vaccine and most of it are either from USA or China. The list is according to the details provided by WHO as on 24th May.
List of vaccines for which human trials have started:
- Non-replicating viral vector vaccine from CanSino (China)
- RNA vaccine from Moderna (USA)
- Inactivated vaccine from Wuhan Institute of Biological Products (China)
- Inactivated vaccine from Beijing Institute of Biological Products (China)
- Inactivated vaccine from Sinovac (China)
- Non-replicating viral vector vaccine from Oxford University and AstraZeneca (UK)
- Protein subunit vaccine from Novavax (US)
- RNA vaccine from BioNTech and Pfizer (Germany/USA)
- DNA vaccine from Inovio (US)
At this point Covid-19 peak seems too far, but above mentioned vaccines has shown lot of promise and is the only hope as of now. It will be interesting to see how soon these trials are conducted but as per reports if all goes well, we should have vaccine for Covid-19 by September.
We can only keep our fingers crossed!